- Born & raised in a small town in Southern Indiana, but have lived all over since then (Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, New Zealand, Australia, Philadelphia, New York, London)
- Three-time graduate of Indiana University (B.A. in Journalism; M.S. in Sport Management & Athletic Administration; Ph.D. in Sport Management)
- Traveler (23 countries down; many, many more to go)
- Distance runner (8x marathoner and currently training for the 2020 Paris Marathon)
- Former gymnast who still loves to flip
- Practicer of Yin yoga
- Cat & animal lover
- Political junkie
- Nonfiction reader
- Wine enthusiast
- Vegetarian who lives a mostly plant-based lifestyle
- Strong advocate for equality for all
- Outstanding Alumnus Award, Mt. Vernon Senior High School, 2019
- Invited to serve as the commencement speaker at my high school’s graduation. Below is a video of the speech:
- Invited to serve as a Visiting Research Scholar at Texas A&M University, October 2017
- North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) Research Fellow Award, 2015
- M-Club Athletic Hall of Fame Inductee, Individual Athlete (Cross Country, Track & Field, Cheerleading), Mt. Vernon Senior High School, 2013
- IUPUI Athletic Department Favorite Professor Award – Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012
- Indiana University Student Alumni Association (SAA) Student Choice Award Nominee, Outstanding Faculty Member, 2008
- Founder’s Day Honoree – Indiana University, 2002
Reader in Sport Business, Loughborough University London, Institute for Sport Business, London, UK; June 2019 – Present.
Academic Director for Graduate Programs, New York University, Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport, New York, NY; June 2018 – June 2019.
Interim Academic Director, New York University, Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport, New York, NY; December 2017 – June 2018.
Clinical Associate Professor, New York University, Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport, New York, NY; September 2016 – June 2019.
Senior Lecturer of Sport Management, Griffith University, Griffith Business School, Brisbane, Australia; July 2014 – July 2016.
Senior Lecturer of Sport Management, Massey University, School of Sport & Exercise, Palmerston North, New Zealand; January 2013 – July 2014.
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Department of Kinesiology, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA; August 2010 – January 2013.
Lecturer of Sport Management, Director of Undergraduate Sport Marketing and Management Program, and Coordinator of Associate Instructors, Indiana University, Department of Kinesiology, Bloomington, Indiana, USA; August 2009 – August 2010.
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Saint Mary’s College of California, Department of Graduate Business and Department of Kinesiology, Moraga, California, USA; July 2008 – July 2009.
Associate Instructor of Sport Marketing and Management, Indiana University, Department of Kinesiology, Bloomington, Indiana, USA; August 2006 – May 2008.
Adjunct Faculty Member, Ivy Tech Community College, Department of Kinesiology, Bloomington, Indiana, USA; January 2006 – May 2006.
Adjunct Faculty Member, Columbia College Chicago, Department of Marketing Communication, Chicago, Illinois, USA; August 2004 – May 2005.
Public Relations & Marketing Manager, Lehman Racing, Chicago, Illinois, USA; 2003 – 2005.
Communications Assistant, USA Gymnastics, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA; 2001 – 2002.
Account Executive, Greek Telephone Directory, Bloomington, Indiana, USA; 2001.
Marketing Intern, USA Track & Field, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA; Summer 2000.